Oil and gas have helped power the world for the last century. These are busy, demanding industries, and they require tools that are both precise and durable. These tools include torque wrenches, which help find oil, transport it and refine it. Let’s take a closer look at how oil and gas industrial bolting tools help that industry function.
Exploration and production
- Hydraulic torque wrenches are used on wellhead connections, including BOP, valves and flow lines.
- Hydraulic torque wrenches are used to assemble pumps, pipelines and valves.
- Hydraulic torque wrenches are used to assemble flanged joints: pipes and valves.
- Hydraulic torque wrenches are used to assemble flanged joints: pipes, pumps and valves.
- In addition, they’re also used for general maintenance.
- There are a number of applications where hydraulic torque wrenches come into play: tightening and loosening bolts on a condenser, and other equipment.
- In addition, these wrenches can be used for tensioning and loosening bolts on heat exchangers, reactor covers, pressure pipe flanges, steam pipe flanges, valves, reactor pressure vessels.
Hydraulic torque wrenches are useful oil and gas industrial bolting tools because of how precise they are – their accuracy range is plus or minus three percent – and their capacity, which can be as high as 100,000 ft/lbs. To find out more about how these tools can help you, contact Maxpro. We have spent more than 20 years crafting a reputation as a trusted provider of hydraulic torque wrenches and other torque tools. We’re also an ISO 17025 accredited calibration and certification laboratory, able to check torque wrenches, torque transducers, torque multipliers and pressure gauges for accuracy. Visit our website to find out how we can help you with your next industrial bolting project.